• Conceptualize and brainstorm ideas and topics to create video documentary
• Use accompanying text to support ideas/concept/stories and use interviews to reiterate messages.
• Sequencing of footages in postproduction.
Participants will learn how to conceptualize documentary ideas and story, the art of storytelling and present them in video journalism. Explore issues around you that you wish to document.
Chroma Key and Editing
• Understand lighting concepts and set design
• Indoor and outdoor lighting rules
• Develop understanding in studio lighting
• Learn live keying
Students will learn advance techniques of lighting, Chroma keying and studio set up. Additionally, they will develop further understanding of Chroma editing in postproduction.
Video News Casting
• Learn the fundamentals of video and audio recording
• Explore various techniques of interviewing
• Understand how script writing is used in interviews
• Engage audience in compelling stories
Students will learn the fundamentals of news casting and interviewing. Additionally, they will explore on how to prepare and write engaging stories in the world of news casting.
My Video Experience
• Get familiarize with parts of a video camera
• Learn more about video composition and framing
• Importance of lighting
• Storyboarding and idea visualization
• Video Editing and postproduction
This course will immerse students in various video genres whereby they will learn how to appreciate and interpret video messages. The course is designed to give students a balanced of theoretical knowledge and practical application of the skills.